Monday, February 13, 2012

Trust your Daddy!

I had a job interview last week.  It has been a while since I have been in the corporate world and yet I feel like daddy has his hand in all of it.  I would usually look at this opportunity as just another job that I have to work to make a buck.  Now I look at it as my daddy pursuing me.  James 4:8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded." All I want to do is gods will in my life.  I know that he has a path for me.  I know that he is the ultimate provider, yet I still question him. As I do my devotion today, daddy is all over me.  I say I want to change my mindset, yet I still keep doing the same things and falling into my habitual sin.  Daddy said to me this morning, I have given you all you need to prepare you for the spiritual battle.  Your weapons are in front of your face in my word (The Bible) yet you choose to ignore it and fight with the weapons of your world.  2 Cor 10:3-4 "For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does, the weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds." NIV
Romans 12:2 "Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will." NIV 
Do you truly trust your daddy or do you let the words just flow from your tongue with no meaning?  Proverbs 18:21 NIV "The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit." 
I am guilty of saying things that I really do not mean.  To truly trust in God is freedom!  You have no worries, no quarrels, nothing to make you second guess that your daddy is going to come through.  
Let the bible be your guide.  Memorize his word and engrave it into your soul.  Proverbs7:1,3 "Treasure my commands.........Write them on the tablet of your heart."



No comments:

Post a Comment