Thursday, February 9, 2012

What goes in will eventually come out.

I started reading a new book today.  100 Bible Verses by Robert Morgan.  The first chapter really hit home.  It was based on Proverbs 23:7 "For as he thinks in his heart so is he"
Good thoughts and actions can never produce bad results; bad thoughts and actions can never produce good results.
I look back on my life in the past and even now.  I can be so negative in my thinking.  This really weighed heavy on me.  I have always thought I was a positive person but the lord spoke to me today.  For as he thinks in his heart so is he.  Damn, I am way off kilter. We as men are programmed by the world not to act sad, happy, or have any fear. So when we have these types of feelings, we cover it up with anger!  I know that Anger and Rage have controlled my life.  Just the other day, I woke up and I was angry for no apparent reason.  I was short with my wife and kids and I did not understand why I was feeling the way I did.  My wife sent me a text on the way to work saying "that she did not do anything to me and she did not deserve to be treated that way."  She was absolutely correct.  I had to ask for her forgiveness and admit that I was angry for no reason.  It was not her fault.  Most of the time it never is. 
God says in his word in Proverbs 14:29 "Whoever is slow to anger has great understanding, but he who has a hasty temper exalts folly."  It all starts with how we think.  If we are thinking negative thoughts then negativity will engulf our world.  If we are thinking positive thoughts, then positivity will engulf our world.
"A person's mind is like a garden, which may be intelligently cultivated or allowed to run wild; but whether cultivated or neglected, it must, and will, bring forth.  If no useful seeds are put into it, then an abundance of useless seeds will fall therein, and will continue to produce their kind."  James Allen
What are you cultivating in your mind?  Is it going to produce sweet fruit or useless wild weeds!

3 comments:

  1. come on Cleatus come on. I like your site
    Good word

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I learned it by watching you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. where you at? God not speaking to you?

    ReplyDelete