Monday, March 19, 2012

Camp Jesus


It has been a while since my last blog.  A brother asked me the other day if I was still hearing God?  Its funny the he asked that because so many times in my life, I hear god and turn away.  I know what I am supposed to do, but I don't do it.  I try to make excuses like life has been busy, I lost my job, I have been sick, or my kids have been home and I can't do anything with them here.  
Then Daddy showed himself today.  
He said, "I did not make any excuses up when I chose to sacrifice my only son's life for your miserable sins!"  
Sometimes it takes your Daddy to give you a swift kick in the A** to wake you up and remind you what you were put on this earth for!  Its not about me or my miserable fleshy life.  It is about the father GOD who gave me life in the first place.  I asked Daddy to forgive me this morning for making the decision to put him on the back burner of my life.  

In John 1:14 it says:
14 "The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth." When was the last time you spent the night in a tent?  It was last night.  According to 2 Corinthians 5, we are currently living in the tents of our bodies, eagerly waiting resurrection day when we'll receive permanent structures (our glorified bodies).  Furthermore, we're told in John 1:14 that when Jesus took on flesh in Bethlehem, He pitched His tent among us.  The Greek term for "took up residence" has reference to tenting. 
(Robert J Morgan)
I have realized that sometimes I choose to leave my Daddy's camp.  I choose to pack up my tent and take off to see if I can do it on my own, only to realize that I have no direction.  I have left my compass (Jesus) at the camp site. I walk in circles for days and maybe even weeks until I figure out that all the camp sites I am passing on my way is the one that I have left just days before.   
John 1: 9 The true light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world. 10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. 11 He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. 

Have you let Jesus pitch his tent in the camp that you are currently residing in?

Furthermore, have you left Jesus' camp, and lost yourself among the many fleshy curiosities that can make us lose focus on the one truth (Jesus Christ)?

The good news is that we are always welcome in the camp of Jesus.  All we have to do is walk through the gate and pitch a tent.  
12 "Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God."

We are all descendants of the one and only God.  Make the choice to climb into his lap let him comfort you and feel safe.  Jesus Christ is the only FREEDOM you will have on this earth!  

May God Bless You!



No comments:

Post a Comment