Monday, April 23, 2012

CONFIDENCE


"We are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who believe and are saved." Hebrews 10:39(NIV, 1984)
"I can't do this."
"Things will never change."
"My life isn't going to get better."
"I'll never have the confidence I need."

How often have you told yourself these words or how often have you heard these words from someone you thought loved you.  I can remember growing up, that I would always try to pass opportunities up that I thought in my mind, I would fail.  All though I never had God in my life as a child or an adolescent I knew that there was something there always watching over me, communicating to my heart and helping me take the right steps.  
I come from a life a negativity.  Where only the negative was looked at and the positive was ignored.  This is where I get my negative thinking from.  I can remember many times when my mind held me back from accomplishing great things in my life.  It was not until I found God and accepted him into my heart that my mindset changed.  
All throughout scripture, God tells us things can change; life can be better. He declares with confidence: "See, I am doing a new thing!" "I am working all things together for good for those who love me and are called according to my purpose." "All things are possible to those who believe." (Isa. 43:19Rom. 8:28Mark 9:23)


So how do we stop listening to our doubts and start living in the power of God's promises?
By choosing to believe God's truths more than our feelings and fears. By moving beyond believing in God to really believing in the power of Gods Words and know they are true - no matter what our feelings tell us.
It is a moment-by-moment, day-by-day, doubt-by-doubt decision where we process our thoughts and emotions with God, positioning our hearts and minds to let His perspective redefine ours with each uncertainty we face.
Some days I do better than others, and you will too. But I have found that it's possible to have lasting Christ-confidence by choosing to remember to believe.
"I have been crucified with Christ, for it is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me.  For the life that I now live in the flesh, I live by faith through God who loves me and gave himself up for me" (Galatians 2:20)

Make the choice today to believe and accept that God can change your life.

What do you have to lose?

"We are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who believe and are saved." Hebrews 10:39(NIV, 1984)


Start saying to yourself:



"I can do this."
"Things will change."
"My life is going to be better."
"I do have the confidence I need to succeed."

Winning, Confidence, Power, Strength and Security all run through our blood.  Your Father is the greatest man who ever walked the face of this earth.  No one can ever take that away from you.  







No comments:

Post a Comment